Hey there, have we met yet?
I’m Toby, professional copywriter and full-time word geek. I’ve written copy for small businesses and solopreneurs across all kinds of industries, including: jewelry, health & wellness, coaching, non-profit, corporate and retail. And now…
I just might be YOUR new copywriter!
Why are we a good fit?
• You wear too many hats already in your business. Sometimes, (usually more than sometimes) your marketing or copywriting “to-dos” slide to tomorrow, next week or they never happen at all.
• You’re a good writer, and you even enjoy writing, but just don’t have the time to generate effective marketing or sales copy for your business.
• You’d prefer to have a root canal over writing a blog post or newsletter.
• Your last copywriter sounded more like an attorney, writing a legal agreement, rather than a marketing email.
• You look at social media and feel nauseous. You know you need it, but it feels confusing, overwhelming and makes you want to torch your cell phone.
• You’ve worked with copywriters before, and the results always miss the mark, or feel like nothing you’d ever say.
Here’s how I roll…
I listen. Not just to what you say, but how you say it. I ask questions, and take my time getting to know you and your business. I then put my fingers to keyboard, writing comfortably and confidently to your audience. Your copy will be effective, and in YOUR brand voice.
And here’s the BEST PART… I make it EASY, and fun!
Need a little more convincing?
Take a stroll around my website to see samples of recent work, or check out what my clients have to say…
“Right from the beginning, Toby set up an ongoing blog brainstorm board, so we never run out of things to write about. Her blog writing started converting to sales immediately!” ~Christine, Christine Lupo Jewelry
“I hired Toby to be the voice of my blog and marketing materials. She’s nothing like me, but somehow manages to write in my brand voice. Toby is low key and high performance!” ~Barb, Unstuck Coaching
“I am well on track to reach 100k in sales this year. That’s almost doubled from last year! Toby’s copywriting has been an integral part of my marketing, and sales success! ~Cristina, Cristina Amador Jewelry
Wanna know more? Twist my arm…
• I LOVE words. Big ones, small ones and made up ones. When I was little, I’d slide handwritten notes under my parent’s bedroom door, to convince them how sick I was (I wasn’t) and why they should let me stay home from school.
• At a very young age, I tested the concept of persuasive copywriting (see number 1 above).
• I love sipping a good whiskey, and riding my motorcycle… but never at the same time.
• I’m addicted to yoga, smoothies and BIG salads. In fact, I could totally be a vegetarian, except I’m also addicted to BBQ ribs.
• For 15-years, I worked in direct response marketing, or what most people call junk mail. It was somewhat embarrassing to admit at cocktail parties, but it’s where I learned more about the art of persuasive copywriting.
• I LOVE copywriting, marketing, and ALL of the things you need to grow your business or sell your product. But more than that, I love my clients like I love my friends, which makes my work, feel not at all like work.
If you’re ready to hire me (smarty pants), CLICK HERE and let’s get this party started. And by “party” I mean your project, not breaking out the whiskey… although that would be fun too.