How do you know when you’re in love… with your business?
Hah! I bet you thought this would lead to a Cosmo quiz to see if your current squeeze has relationship potential.
But I was thinking while driving today because that’s when the magic happens. Not when I’m sitting, undistracted with a keyboard in front of me, ready to write. That would be too easy. The ideas come when they come. When I’m not trying and when I least expect them.
So back to driving and thinking.
Today, on the way home from treating my business to a P.O. box at the local post office, I realized I’m in love. With my business. At first, I thought, wow, I’m losing my marbles. But then I analyzed my feelings the way I would with any relationship. Here’s how it went:
- I think about my business all the time. Like pretty much 24/7. Technically I’m not “working” 24/7, but I’m always thinking, dreaming, planning, and fantasizing about my business.
- I wake up in the morning and think about my business.
- I struggle to fall asleep at night because I’m thinking about my business.
- I Imagine all the places we’ll go and the things we’ll do together.
- I find myself distracted during an episode of The Walking Dead, only to realize 10-minutes went by, and I have no clue why Carol is crying or why Negan is covered in blood.
- I don’t hesitate to buy my business whatever it needs… a new email platform? Done. A new website? Done. What my business wants, it gets.
- I’d miss my business if it went away.
- I’m very cautious about introducing someone new into our relationship. My business deserves only the best.
- When my business has a win, we celebrate with Ledo’s pizza and peanut butter ice cream.
- I see a very, very long and happy future together. Like “till death do us part” kind of stuff.
So there you have it.
Do I sound bat shit crazy? Probably.
But here’s the thing. I love the work I’m doing now, helping women entrepreneurs grow their businesses. For the first time in a long time, I’m where I’m supposed to be, saying ‘yes’ to the things that feel right and ‘no’ to fear and regrets. This sounds a lot like love, right?
Ok, now your turn. Just for shits and giggles, ask yourself, ‘Am I in love with my business?’ and see what you come up with.
Want to build a business you’re in love with? Let’s connect and build something amazing, together!